After a successful return of point-to-point racing under the comprehensive protocols of the IHRB at Ballingarry and Oldcastle last weekend, owners will now be able to return to the pointing fields, beginning at Necarne on Saturday.
Owners will be permitted one admission only per horse entered which is an intended runner at the race meeting, this also includes syndicates, clubs and owner partnerships, and those owners who live in counties which are classed at Level 3 or above of Ireland’s Plan for Living with Covid-19 are not permitted to attend.
Any Owner attending a Point to Point must be fully aware of the Pre-online Registration and Health Screening Protocols and the registration should be completed online in the dedicated timeframe i.e. between 9am Thursday to 8pm Friday, before attending a meeting that weekend. For assistance or queries on the health screening process, please phone 045-445630.
When completing the online registration as an Owner, the name of the applicable horse must be noted, so the one Owner per horse entered which is an intended runner can be strictly enforced.
Registration can be completed by clicking here
There are a number of protocols specific to owners and their attendance at each point-to-point fixture, which include:
- - Owners are not permitted to access the parade ring before or after each race with the exception of the winning owner after the race.
- - Stand apart from your Handler/Rider at all times when in conversation outside of the Parade Ring, at least 2m apart.
- - Winning Owners: follow instructions of photographer and keep 2m distance from Handler / Rider / Groom.
- - No celebratory hugs or hand shaking at this time:
- - Owners must present their QR code at the Health Screening horsebox on arrival at the Point to Point Meeting and once access has been permitted, they should park their car where directed by a Hunt Official. If presenting your QR code ticket on your mobile phone for scanning at the entrance, please ensure that it is fully enlarged on the screen to assist with the swift scanning at the health screening area.
- - No congregating together in groups, 2m distance at all times everywhere
- - There will be no indoor area for owners or any catering available at the Point to Point meeting so please bring your own refreshments
- - Please leave the Point to Point meeting when your horse(s) have ran
Please note that directions to the courses will not be signposted on the roadside, so you should ensure you have satisfied yourself that you know how to locate the track before leaving on your journey.
Directions can found on the courses section of P2P.ie.
To view the full protocols for the return of owners to point-to-point racing, please click here.